Here are some of the key 2017 tax due dates affecting businesses and other employers during the fourth quarter. Keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact our accounting and bookkeeping services team to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
If a calendar-year C corporation that filed an automatic six-month extension:
– File a 2016 income tax return (Form 1120) and pay any tax, interest and penalties due.
– Make contributions for 2016 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
– Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2017 (Form 941) and pay any tax due. (See exception below.)
– Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for third quarter 2017 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.
– If a calendar-year C corporation, pay the fourth installment of 2017 estimated income taxes.